Use social media for hiring efficiently: Organic and paid
Schedule a 30-min marketing strategy call with our team
In today’s crazy job market, snagging top talent is key for the growth and success of any multi-location business – think franchises, gyms, restaurants, or real estate brokerages. And guess what? Social media is not just for memes and cat videos; you can use social media for hiring efficiently.
Ready to explore some impactful social media strategies? We’re talking about the kind that mixes the best of organic reach and paid ads to help your business with efficient hiring.
The power of social media in recruitment
Social media brings a couple of superpowers to the table: incredible reach and the ability to build an employer brand. Whether it’s about showing off your company culture organically or targeting potential candidates with finely-tuned ads, social media can be your go-to resource for attracting the cream of the crop in the job market.
If you’re not convinced, here are some reasons to use social media for hiring:
Reach and engagement
Social media platforms offer unparalleled reach and engagement opportunities. They enable businesses to showcase their culture and values, creating a brand that attracts like-minded professionals.
- Organic social media: Leverage company culture, employee stories, and behind-the-scenes glimpses.
- Paid social media ads: Target specific demographics and job titles to reach potential candidates directly.
Building an employer brand
Your social media presence is a reflection of your company’s identity. A strong employer brand on social media can set you apart in the eyes of job seekers.
- Showcase your culture: Share content that reflects your company’s ethos and workplace environment.
- Employee testimonials: Utilize stories and testimonials from current employees to add authenticity.
Organic social media strategies: Empowering multi-location businesses
When it comes to recruitment across various locations, the key lies in finding the right balance. How can corporate marketing teams empower each location to showcase their unique culture and opportunities, while maintaining brand consistency and control? It’s a delicate dance between autonomy and oversight, but when done right, it can significantly boost your recruitment efforts.
Many of the tips below are for you to implement before you have a hiring need at a location.
Set an organic strategy to use social media for hiring to make it much easier for you! If you are looking to hire someone right now, we have some strategies for that as well below.
Centralized vs. decentralized social media management
- Hybrid approach: For companies not comfortable with fully decentralized social media control, a hybrid approach can work. This involves having a central team that oversees and coordinates with local managers who understand their community’s nuances.
- Content calendars: Develop centralized content calendars that incorporate local events and stories, ensuring a mix of both corporate-level and local content.
Empowering localized content creation
- Guided autonomy: Establish guidelines for local teams to create content that aligns with the brand’s voice while allowing them to highlight their unique culture and environment. This can include employee spotlights, day-in-the-life posts, or showcasing local community involvement.
- Content approval process: Consider implementing a streamlined process where local teams submit their content for approval. This ensures brand consistency while reducing the burden on the corporate marketing team. Have you checked out Marq? Their templates and approval process make it super easy for non-designers.
- Training and resources: Provide training sessions and resource kits to local managers on creating engaging and brand-aligned content. This can include templates, photography tips, and writing guidelines.
Leveraging user-generated content
- Employee advocacy programs: Encourage employees to share their experiences and stories on their personal social media, which can then be re-shared by the corporate accounts. This adds authenticity and a personal touch to your brand.
- Hashtag campaigns: Create branded hashtags for employees to use, making it easier to aggregate and share user-generated content across different locations.
Consistent messaging with local flair
- Localized campaigns: Create campaigns that can be adapted by each location. For instance, a “Meet Our Team” series where each location features their staff, or a “Day at [Location]” highlighting a typical day in different branches.
- Regular check-ins and feedback: Establish regular meetings or digital channels for feedback and ideas exchange between the corporate team and local managers. This fosters a sense of community and collaboration.
Technology as an enabler
- Social media management tools: Utilize tools that allow for scheduling posts, approvals, and monitoring across multiple accounts. This can streamline the process and provide valuable insights into what’s working.
- Analytics and reporting: Encourage local teams to monitor and report on their social media performance. This data can be invaluable in refining your overall social media recruitment strategy.
Rapid recruitment strategies for organic social media
- Spotlight urgent hiring needs with real-time posts: When there’s an immediate hiring need, timely and frequent posts can make a significant impact. Use real-time updates to create a sense of urgency and immediacy. For example, a restaurant can post about needing a chef with a “Chef Wanted Immediately” theme, including details about the role and how to apply quickly.
- Utilize Instagram Stories and Live features: These features are excellent for urgent hiring. They’re visible, engaging, and convey urgency effectively. Conduct live Q&A sessions about the role, share a day in the life at the location, or even do a quick virtual tour of the workplace.
- Engage with local online communities: Post on local community groups on platforms like Facebook or LinkedIn. Sharing posts in these groups can target potential candidates who are in the vicinity and might be looking for immediate opportunities.
- Leverage employee networks: Encourage employees to share urgent hiring posts on their social media. This can significantly amplify the reach. Offer incentives for successful referrals to motivate employees to participate actively.
- Create engaging job descriptions: Instead of standard job descriptions, create engaging content like short videos or graphics that highlight the immediate need and the benefits of joining your team. This can attract more attention and engagement compared to traditional text-based posts.
- Collaborate with influencers or local figures: Partner with local influencers or well-known community members to share your urgent hiring needs. Their endorsement can add credibility and a broader reach to your recruitment efforts.
- Targeted hashtags: Use popular job-related hashtags as well as local-specific ones to increase the visibility of your posts. For instance, #NowHiringIn[City] or #JoinOurTeam can be effective.
- Timely response and engagement: Ensure that responses to inquiries and applications are swift. This not only improves candidate experience but also reflects the urgency and importance you place on filling the position.
Paid social media strategies for multi-location businesses
Paid social media campaigns are a powerhouse when it comes to quick and targeted recruitment. While organic reach is valuable, paid ads offer the precision and speed necessary for immediate hiring needs. With paid social, you can zero in on the exact demographic you’re looking to hire, making the process faster and more efficient.
Tailoring strategies for different business models
- For location-managed campaigns: If your business model allows individual locations to run their own paid campaigns, provide them with guidelines and templates to ensure brand consistency. Encourage them to target their specific local demographics and job market.
- For corporate-managed campaigns: In cases where the corporate team handles all paid social campaigns, develop a strategy that can be customized slightly for each location. This might include adjusting the job titles, location specifics, and cultural nuances of each area.
Platforms and their strengths
- LinkedIn for professional roles: LinkedIn’s targeting options make it ideal for hiring professionals. Use LinkedIn ads to target by job title, industry, and even by specific skills.
- Instagram and Facebook for broader appeal: These platforms are great for roles that require a broader skill set or for roles that appeal to a younger demographic. Utilize their extensive targeting options to reach potential candidates based on interests, behaviors, and more.
Crafting effective paid ad campaigns
- Ad content: Your ad should include a clear job title, a brief but engaging description of the role, and an appealing call-to-action (CTA). Highlight what makes your company a great place to work.
- Visuals and media: Use eye-catching images or short videos to grab attention. For instance, a quick video tour of the workplace, employee testimonials, or a day-in-the-life feature can be very effective.
- Targeting the right audience: Use the platforms’ targeting tools to focus on the right demographic. Consider age, location, professional background, and even interests that align with your company culture.
Budgeting and bidding strategies
- Cost-effective campaigns: Set a budget that aligns with the urgency of the role and the expected reach. Utilize bidding strategies that maximize your visibility without overspending.
- A/B testing for optimization: Run different versions of your ads to see which performs best in terms of engagement and conversion. This helps in optimizing your ad spend and targeting.
Measuring success and iterating
- Analytics and insights: Use the analytics tools provided by the platforms to measure the success of your campaigns. Look at metrics like engagement rate, click-through rate, and conversion rate.
- Feedback and iteration: Continuously refine your campaigns based on performance data and feedback from candidates. This could involve tweaking the ad copy, visuals, or targeting parameters.
Evocalize: Streamlining recruitment for multi-location businesses
When it comes to managing social media recruitment across multiple locations, Evocalize emerges as a powerful ally. This cutting-edge platform revolutionizes the way corporate marketing teams and individual locations collaborate to attract top talent.
With Evocalize, the complexity of creating targeted, branded, and effective recruitment campaigns is significantly reduced, turning what could be a cumbersome process into a streamlined, efficient, and highly successful operation.
Centralized branding and consistency
- Brand control at your fingertips: Corporate teams can set up and control the core branding elements, ensuring that every recruitment ad, regardless of location, aligns perfectly with the company’s brand identity. This includes logos, color schemes, and overall messaging tone.
- Design assets made simple: Evocalize provides a repository for design assets, making it easy for each location to access approved visuals and templates. This ensures brand consistency while allowing for local customization.
Advanced data and targeting
- Data-driven recruitment: Corporate teams can input specific data and targeting parameters into Evocalize, which are then used by each location to reach the most suitable candidates. This data-driven approach ensures that recruitment efforts are not just widespread, but sharply focused on attracting the right talent.
- Local targeting, global strategy: While adhering to the overarching recruitment strategy, each location can fine-tune their campaigns to target local job markets effectively, ensuring that their ads resonate with the local community and job seekers.
Leverage Evocalize’s advanced technology
- Algorithm-driven efficiency: Evocalize’s sophisticated algorithms maximize ad spend and ensure optimal campaign performance. This takes the guesswork out of the equation, allowing locations to focus more on the candidates and less on the intricacies of ad algorithms.
- AI-powered assistance: The built-in AI offers copy suggestions, making ad creation not just easier but more effective. These AI-driven recommendations help in crafting compelling job postings that are more likely to engage and attract potential candidates.
- Easy campaign launches across multiple channels: With Evocalize, launching a campaign is a breeze. A single blueprint lets locations seamlessly roll out ads across multiple channels like Facebook, Google, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube, without the hassle of managing each channel individually.
Simplified yet powerful campaign management
- User-friendly interface for non-marketers: Evocalize’s platform is designed with simplicity in mind. It’s incredibly user-friendly, making it easy for individuals at each location, who may not have extensive marketing expertise, to launch and manage campaigns effectively.
- Continuous learning and improvement: The platform learns from each campaign across the network, continuously improving results. This collective learning ensures that each campaign is smarter and more effective than the last.
In summary, Evocalize not only streamlines the recruitment process for multi-location businesses but also empowers each location to conduct targeted, brand-consistent, and effective social media recruitment campaigns. With Evocalize, businesses can ensure that their recruitment efforts are not just successful but also time-efficient, cost-effective, and aligned with their overall brand strategy.
Wrapping it up: Use social media for hiring efficiently
For multi-location businesses, it can be challenging to use social media for hiring. But, with the right strategies and tools, it becomes not just manageable but remarkably effective. Organic and paid social media, when utilized skillfully, can open up a world of possibilities in attracting top talent. And when it comes to streamlining this process, enhancing efficiency, and ensuring brand consistency across multiple locations, Evocalize is your go-to solution. Its powerful combination of advanced algorithms, AI-driven insights, and user-friendly interface makes it an invaluable asset for any recruitment campaign.
Ready to revolutionize your recruitment strategy and give your locations the power to attract the best talent effortlessly? Discover more about how Evocalize can transform your hiring process and elevate your brand’s recruitment game. Click here to learn more about Evocalize and take the first step to use social media for hiring more effectively.
Subscribe to our blog
Don’t miss a beat in the fast-changing local digital marketing landscape — sign up to stay ahead of the curve!